A day in the life of a girl like me!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Memories




"Good Morning Good Morning how are you this morning?" was the song mommy would sing to me every morning when waking me up for school. Daddy would pick me up, give me a donkey ride through the house ...and before hitting the showers I had to get my daily dose of " a story about a little boy"...even as a little girl those were my favorite types of stories.

Today I'm a grown woman (sometimes) and though I don't have mommy waking me up every morning, or daddy giving me a donkey ride through the house, I still sing the "good morning" song to myself on those mornings when I just don't feel like waking up early. I miss being a kid sometimes,....no responsibilities or worries in the world. Just being able to go about our daily routine and knowing that there's someone there to make sure everything is okay for us. Now, being grown myself, I see all the hard work that goes into making and keeping a home. I thank you, mommy and daddy, for letting me be a kid when I had to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment